Proven Winners® Annuals - Supertunia® 4.5"
Proven Winners® Annuals - Supertunia®The Best Petunia. Period.®These beauties are self-cleaning, floriferous, and have flowers that range in color from purest white to rich, royal purple. Single, double, mini, Vista, or Mini Vista™ Supertunia® are light years ahead of any other petunia on the market today.
Petunias grow and bloom best in sun.
SOLD in a 4.5" Pot (10) in a Flat
- If you have at least 6 hours of direct sun per day, you can grow Supertunias®. More than 6 hours is even better.
- Sun is what generates energy in plants, so the more sun they get, the stronger the plants will grow and the more flowers they will produce.
- If your Supertunias® look healthy but aren't growing very fast or have few flowers, move them to a sunnier location.
- Depending on your climate and the time of year, your Supertunias® may dry out quickly. It's time to water when the pot feels light and/or the soil feels dry to the touch when you stick your finger down into it about an inch.
- Petunias are like hungry teenagers. They like to be fed often. We recommend feeding them with our premium water soluble fertilizer every third time you water. Why do we call it "premium"? Because it contains EDDHA Iron and minor nutrients which keep the foliage green, full and healthy all season.
Supertunia® Regular petunias are vigorous with slightly mounded habits that function as both fillers and spillers in containers. They are also excellent landscape plants, best suited to be placed near the front of beds. They have medium to large sized flowers.
Supertunia®Vista are very vigorous, with mounding habits that can reach up to 2 feet in the landscape and will trail over the edges of baskets and containers up to 4 feet by the end of the season. They are fantastic landscape plants and are great in large containers, where they function as both fillers and spillers. In garden beds, they will work either in the front or middle of the bed. They have medium-sized flowers.
Supertunia® Mini Vista™ petunias are mounded, but will also spill over the edges of containers. They are great container plants and will function as both spillers and fillers in combination planters. They are incredibly good landscape plants, best used at the front of beds. They are very densely branched plants. They have small to very small flowers, similar in size to a large Superbells Calibrachoa flower. They are a great substitute for Calibrachoa in landscapes without excellent drainage – Calibrachoa require excellent drainage to thrive, while petunias are much more forgiving.
Supertunia® Trailing petunias are very strongly trailing, with very little height. They will function as spillers in containers, but are also good as front-of-the-bed plants for landscapes. If your goal for hanging baskets or window boxes is to have the plants be as long as possible, Supertunia Mini is the best choice. They have small flowers.
Supertunia® Double petunias are mounded with medium vigor. They function as both fillers and spillers in containers and are best used at the front of landscape beds. Flowers size is large and flowers are fully double.
Photo courtesy of Proven Winners or www.provenwinners.com